OBJECTIVES FOR MODULE 2: LESSON 1
Classification Systems and Online CatalogsAt the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify the two most common classification systems libraries use today.
- Describe how book collections are organized.
- Discuss the benefit of organizing collections based on subject.
- Discuss the term truncation.
- Search an OPAC for materials relevant to a selected topic.
- Compare search results using keywords and titles vs. subject headings.
© Copyright 2000 State University of New York & Ulster County Community College