OBJECTIVES FOR MODULE 4: LESSON 3
Search EnginesAt the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Define the concept of a search engine.
- Discuss searching strategy concepts: Boolean operators, truncation, adjacency and proximity and phrase searching.
- Formulate a strategy for a search on your topic.
- Describe trouble shooting techniques when your search results are too narrow or too broad.
- Utilize and compare several search engines.
© Copyright 2000 State University of New York & Ulster County Community College